Tuesday, March 22, 2011

One Reason Why I Hate Xbox

It was a long day at work. I got sick in the middle of my short shift that turned into a long shift due to untimely lunch schedules that left the pharmacy suddenly shorthanded. Although, I must say it felt good to be needed, and I was glad I was able to pull through and be there for my coworkers. I did expect the stress of the day to wind down when I got home from work, but why would any mother expect that to actually be able to happen. 

When I arrived home, my husband opened the door slowly while saying," Don't be mad. I didn't know until just now that it happened. I really don't know what it is." At this point, I have no idea what it is either, but I know it will not be good. Starting anything with 'don't be mad' is never good.

I peak around the door to see Jaden, in only a diaper, with the excited smile of self-discovery on her face looking up at me. Then I see the unidentified stuff Carlos spoke of on her hands, up her arms, all over her legs, smeared on her belly. At first, I thought she may have gotten into the pantry for a jar of baby food to feed one of her babies, accidentally broken it, then played in it. I could feel anger rising inside toward Carlos for not paying closer attention and was about to ask where the glass was, did she hurt herself due to his neglect, etc. Total shock quickly replaced all those feelings when Carlos then sniffed Jaden. The disgusted, about-to-vomit expression made my heart drop to my feet as I realized that Jaden was covered in feces. "What the .... ???" I couldn't even finish the sentence, I was just dumbfounded. "Poo-poo, poo-poo," Jaden was very satisfied to be able to answer my question. All three of us just looked at each other frozen for a second. In the next second, Carlos is half-running to the bathtub holding Jaden at arm's length, and I'm waddling behind him as fast as I can. 

After thoroughly bathing Jaden, we searched every inch of the apartment. No sign of the mess anywhere else. No open diaper anywhere. The trashcan did not appear to have been rummaged through in any way. We re-examined the diaper we removed before sticking her in the bathtub; it was not dirty, it wasn't even wet. So we ask Jaden, "Where did the poo-poo come from, Jaden? Where's the poo-poo?" All she kept saying was "Poo-poo", over and over and over again. Great. All we could guess is that she 'went fishing'. 

I'm still shocked by it all. I turned to Carlos to ask what had been going through my mind that whole time. I suspected I already knew the answer, but I asked anyway, "How did this happen? What were you doing that you didn't notice THIS happening?" He couldn't even look at me when he answered. "Um, well, I was, uhhh, playing on the Xbox right before you got here." REALLY *heavy, disappointed sigh as I shake my head*

No comments:

Post a Comment